CS 371p Spring 2021 Week 2: Joshua Skadberg
- What did you do this past week?
I went to classes and turned in homework. I also studied the book Cracking the Coding Interview because I had an interview Thursday, which was both exciting and flexible.
- What’s in your way?
Online classes are difficult, maintaining a schedule is challenging, and I have not figured out an efficient way of keeping up with deadlines and due dates. I have had trouble with the in class quizzes because I can accidentally arrive a couple minutes late, and don’t have enough time to do the quiz because it starts at exactly 11:00, and lasts for only 4 minutes.
- What will you do next week?
I will start working on the project, as well as doing my other projects in my other classes. I will also practice more interview questions and apply for more jobs, because its much harder to get an internship this year as compared to before.
- If you read it, what did you think of the makefile?
There was a lot of commands I did not understand, but I’m sure that all it needs is some googling to understand each and every command. I am pretty sure all the large amount of commands is for convenience.
- What was your experience of Docker? (this question will vary, week to week)
Other than the time I tried to install bettercap on Kali Linux, I have no experience with Docker.
- What was your experience of assertions? (this question will vary, week to week)
I used assertions in some classes in the past, such as Data Structures and Modern Web Applications.
- What was your experience of unit tests? (this question will vary, week to week)
I used unit testing in Data Structures and Modern Web Applications. I know the concept so it should not be hard to do.
- What made you happy this week?
Xiao is releasing in 2 days and I have pity saved up, and a bunch of gems to boot. I also learned that Hu Tao won’t come for about a month, so I can also save up for her.
- What’s your pick-of-the-week or tip-of-the-week?
According to Charlie (Crit1kal/Penguinz0), Lays Honey Barbeque is apparently really good.